Wheatley Bridge Farm

  • Wash House at Wheatley Bridge Farm
  • 2023, aerial view of the house, now with a swimming pool
  • 2023, view of the business park opposite
  • Wheatley Bridge Farm 2023
Archive Notes:

Wheatley Bridge Farm was on the London Road east of Wheatley Bridge, now in the Parish of Great Milton

Photo of Wash House at Wheatley Bridge Farm - on the London Road (at the rear of Alden's Farm). See also record 2112 for interior.

Also images fron 2023 of the house, still called Wheatley Bridge Farm (aerial view) and the business park on the opposite side of the road, created from old farm buildings.

Apart from Eastwyke Farm, four generations of the Alden family, see record 2806, also owned and farmed Wheatley Bridge Farm, according to an article in the Oxford Mail on 30 March 2000. At the time, Jonnie Alden had 170 milking Holstein Friesians on his land with 200 other animals. Wheatley Bridge farm.

Ernest Alden took over the Rose family's butcher business at the west end of Church Road in 1911, see record 1295, and owned this until 1938.

In 1910, Frederick Alden was living at The Mount, 11 Parkhill

Related Items:
Archive Number: