Westfield Road pre 1914

  • Westfield Road from the east
  • The garden to the rear of Cullum's house, much of which has given way to the approach to Templars close. Florence Pryer (nee Cullum) noted that an additional bedroom was built on in 1938
  • Part of the Cullum garden
Archive Notes:

Photos of the Cullum's house, Quarry House 2 Westfield Road at its east end. Templars Close starts just before the walled area on the extreme right. The large pine tree in the photo is still there. Two pre-war photographs of the Cullum garden.

Listing details state 'House. Early C18 extended mid/late C18. Limestone rubble with squared quoins and timber lintels; old plain-tile roof and brick gable stacks, 2-unit plan enlarged. 2 storeys. Road front has earlier section to right with former 6-panel door (now partly built up) between casement windows of 3 and 2 lights. 2-light casement at first floor. Later section has irregular fenestration including 3-light casement and tall sash to extreme left, all with stone flat arches. Present entrance in left gable wall. 5-window rear has casement and sash windows, mostly renewed, Single-storey rubble rear range to left. Interior not inspected'.

Map Address:
Archive Number: