Cottages in Church Road
Photos of 23 & 25, 27, 29 & 31, 33 & 35 Church Road taken in 2005 (more info can be found at the WVA in the deeds for 'Two Hoots' 35 Church Road, or from the deeds extract see record 702). Also 2018 photo of 27-35 Church Road.
The terrace of cottages was built in the late 1840s on a plot which had been auctioned in 1846.
In 1911, widow Mary Putt lived at No. 27 and was a laundress. One of the photos shows the passageway between this house, on the left, and No. 29 on the right. A runnel can be seen on the right of this passageway and ths was probably for the water from the laundry outhouse behind the living quarters of No. 27 (and not linked in 2021 at ground level to the house).