Turner's Motors in London Road
5 photographs pre WW2, one showing a visit of the Bentley owners club & 2 of the taxis.
Built in the 1930s before the Second World War, this was Turner's Motors, run by Edwin Willian John Turner (for family tree see record 1556). It was located on the south of London Road, just east of the track that runs between London Road and Church Road.
The Turner business also ran a taxi service. By 2004, the business had been taken over by Highfield Motors and, in its latter years there was a charity shop in the front part of the showroom.
In August 2012, the building was demolished and flats (Robins Court) now stand here.