26 & 30 Crown Road, Mulberry Court /Rectory Farm

  • 1987. Mulberry Court
  • 1987. Rectory Farm
  • 2000. Entrance to Roman Catholic Church and Rectory House
  • C B Yates Chartered Accountants at Rectory House in 1988
Archive Notes:

Photos taken of Rectory House and Mulberry Court in 1987, and of the entrance to the RC Church and Rectorty House in 2000.

Rectory House was originally Rectory Farm which was the base for one of the larger farms in Wheatley and was 245 acres in 1910. This farmhouse was relocated to Castle Hill in 1962 and the old farmhouse became a private house. It was re-named Rectory House.

It appears that C B Yates & co, Chartered Accountants, operated from here in 1988 according to the photograph from the 1988 Centenary booklet.

Ownership history of Rectory Farm from archive and Magdalen College records. Whalley-Smythe Gariner sales of 1846 are referred to, see record number 2287

Archive Number: