Wheatley Map

Map View:
Selected Marker:
64 High Street
Address Notes:

Chillingworth House was an inn, the Bell Inn, before 1612, and it stayed an inn until 1862 when John Ring, malster, had to dispose of this and its related properties in Bell Lane in satisfaction of a £250 loan which he could not repay to William Chillingworth. The property was sold on the latter's death in 1908 to the occupier, Bathard.

A detailed write-up on the building and the Chillingworth family can be found attached to record 1156 and elsewhere.