The Plough

  • Plough Inn 1906
  • A map showing a representation of the old and new locations of the Plough Inn as well as the coaching routes, but see the other map for clarification
  • The ambiguity of the two ‘red’ routes, and the dates, are clarified by the further map below. The original ‘orange’ route was replaced in 1789 by the green and orange route.
Archive Notes:

History of the Plough Inn once located on Roman Road but then re-located onto london Road when the coaching route was changed in 1789.

The landlord in the 1940s and/or 1950s was Mr George.

Archive Number: