11 High Street
Dungey's general shop and Harris' builders yard as seen from The Green in 1955.
Believed to have been built in 1770. This property traded as two shops, one being used by Mitchell of Mitcheldene. By 1900, this shop was in the hands of the Dungey family as a general store ‘always open up to midnight’. The other shop belonged to Joseph Frampton who was a farmer, cooper and quarryman and who owned the quarry pits where the recreation ground and Templars Close now stand. He sold wooden buckets and other such items and was one of the last to wear a smock for which Wheatley was well-known.