Geoffrey George Hall
Full name Geoffrey George Hall, born 7 October 1886 in Oxford, son of Charles Farrant Hall, carver and gilder, and Fanny Elizabeth nee Edmonds, both of Oxford. The family lived on Bullingdon Road, Oxford in 1881 and on New College Lane in 1891. In 1901 Geoffrey was working in Little Tingewick, Buckinghamshire as a hall boy domestic. In 1911 he was serving with the 3rd Kings Own Hussars in Pretoria, South Africa and living in Roberts Heights, Transvaal. He married Jane White in Wheatley Church in 1919 and at that time was a ship's steward. At the births of their children he is recorded as the licensee of the King's Arms public house. He later lived in Manor Cottages, Long Hanborough and died on 3 December 1963. See also references to him in the Wheatley in a World at War chapter.