Rock House was built above the edge of the old quarry in Westfield Road in the 17th century above the edge of the old quarry. It divided the Cleues Pit and the village pit, and it is not known why this survived rather than being demolished to link the two quarries. Perhaps the Cooper family lived here before they built Old House.
According to the street directories, Mrs Way lived here in 1895 and 1899. It is not recorded (Kelly Directory) as to who lived here in 1911 and 1920 but, in 1939, Willoughby Guy Bryan lived here.
The Harris family lived there during the second half of the twentieth century, where Mrs Lucia Harris created a beautiful garden which was sometimes open to the public under the National Gardens Scheme. Her husband, Charles Reginald Schiller Harris (1896- 1979) of All Souls College, Oxford, is commemorated in a round slate memorial stone beside the steps leading up to the front door of the house, as are two of his friends: Dermot Michael MacGregor Morrah (1896-1971) and Ruth Morrah (1899-1990).
The photo was taken in 2018.