Mr Harris workshop Church Road
3 photos of the workshop, 84 Church Road, taken in 1985, 1988 and 1998.
Charles Sheldon, a coal merchant and presumably his father, owned the land down to High Street on which Ted Turner’s shop was developed in 1937. The building on Church Road, just described as ‘premises’, was owned in 1910 by Mrs Sheldon, presumably Charles’s widow, and was run as a smithy until 1955. Then it became the Harris workshop and was still a workshop in 2020.
Was this the same Sheldon who had a cycle shop at 94 Church Road?
See 715 for a 1955 photo