The Co-op, 40 Church Road and 36 Church Road
Photos taken by Peter Targett in 1998 and then in 1999 after it had closed. It is understood that the main reason for its closure was that there had been two serious incidents of the store and its manageress being attacked, once at gun point and the other time threatened with a hammer. The Co-op did not return to Wheatley until 2005/6. It is now (2018) Turner Properties.
During the Second World War, it was used as an ARP (Air Raid Precautions) office. In the 1950s it is believed to have been a fish and chip shop.
The White House, 36 High Street was built on a vacant (1910) plot.