30 Church Road (Granary Church) and 32 Church Road
Photo of brick features in the wall of the Granary Church, once a barn on the Church Road frontage directly behind George Inn.
Listing details state 'Granary, now church. Mid C18. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings and flush banding; Welsh slate roof. Gable-fronted plan. Front has central entrance with stone flat arch and keyblock, and 2-light casement in gable with segmental head. Both gables have stone parapets and ornamental kneelers. Side walls have 2 tiers of 2-light leaded casements, the lower with segmental heads. There is a
stone eaves cove and, at basement level, semi circular brick arches with stone keyblocks, formerly open. Interior not inspected'.
Also photo of the Sunday School congregation in 1977 (and the Junior covenanters) and in 1988, both from Wheatley booklets of the time.
Also 2018 photo of 30 Church Road, 30AA Church Road (which owns the old School House at the back of Mitcheldene, see record 1231), 30A Church Road, and 32 Church Road from the rear. 30AA Church Road, 30A Church Road are owned by Mitcheldene and 37 High Street respectively as at 2018. 32 Church Road was re-developed by 1911 when it was occupied by Charles Munt and Edith Munt and known as Clayton Cottage after the name of the baker who owned this as well as the 39 High Street frontage, on which he had a bakery, see record 1236.
30AA, with possibly the old boys school being the dairy, was used for the milk round of White and Welford around the 1940s/1950s. It may have also been used as an undetakers business at some time.