Market garden site in Littleworth
15.5 acre Market garden site in Littleworth.
The all-important market gardening business almost certainly fed Wheatley with most of its fresh produce and probably meat also. 15 people were involved in this business which was dominated by the Munt family, with James a tenant of this red-edged 15-acre site in Littleworth owned by Mrs Bird. James was still a tenant in 1931. Their other market garden site was to the north of the High Street, see record 1133.
Other tenants were the Smith family who lived in the now-demolished Littleworth House. George and his wife Ann (later known as ‘Auntie Smith’) had three sons in the business