Composite map showing the extent of The Green (G10 on the map image attached) before this was developed as housing. The coaches crossed this to get from High Street to Shotover.
However, it extended over the Littleworth Road to the 15-acre site (Gardiner 1 and Gardener 9 on the map image attached), now the Primary School, as shown below. The owners and occpuiers in 1910 are shown in a map with details on a separate pdf. The land was coveyed to the Munt family and, after the marriage of one family member to the Tame family, it passed though marriage to the Dodd family. The latter was later just the owmer of the blue-green away running through from High Street to Littleworth Road, shown as pt 418, and used this to keep pigs before the land was compulsorily acquired.
A number of other ownerships by the Dodd family are referred to as follows, with archive records being linked.
Dodd was the owner of many houses in Wheatley including 11, 13 and 15 Bell Lane, bought by his wife from the Chillingworth estate for £263 in 1908, see records 1140 and 1156; 60 Church Road see record 708; Kiln House, 11 Westfield Road, see record 770; and Rock Cottage, 6 Westfield Road although record 767 does not confirm this ownership.