Dr J R Flury.
Wheatley doctor 1959-1999. House and surgery 116 Church Road.
Dr J Roy Flury was the son of a General Practitioner, and he read Medicine at Emmanuel College, Cambridge. He succeeded Dr McCausland as the ‘village doctor' in 1958 until 1999. He and his Swiss wife, Heidi, lived in ‘The Doctor's House' (now 116 Church Road), with their three children (two girls: Karen and Susie, and a son, Rupert). At first his surgery was in his own house, but later he had a surgery built in the north-east corner of his garden. This was once used by NORCAP - an organisation which helps adopted adults to research their birth families.