Photograph and information about 'The Mount' on Park Hill. It was the home of John Juggins in the mid 1800s. The 1881 and 1886 maps show this as the only house on Park Hill at that time but, by 1898, there were another four houses.
The information about a school here in 1887 (the attachment suggests that this was a Dame School, but the Kelly Directories of 1887 and 1891refer to it as a Ladies' and Boarding School, see record 2073
According to the 1891 census (see record 2073) Mrs Elise Sadler and her daughters Ida and Helen ran a school, probably a dame school, here with 10 pupils that year.