116 Church Road
Photograph of Dr Flury's house, formerly known as The Doctor's House, now 116 Church Road and of the former surgery now 112 Church Road and the office of NORCAP, an adoption society.
Write-up on this house together with reference to the Crown Tap. Oxford University and City Herald, Saturday 07 May 1870, records George Putt as landlord. Also extract from pen-and-ink undated sketch showing this to be the main part of the existing house.
The 1935 view along Church Road, with Dr Flury's house on the left, shows Mr Bates bicycle shop which was run from a separate building initially near the corner of Robbins Row, and then from No. 65 which was built by the Bates family in the early 1930s.