26 High Street, The Manor House - 1999 photos

  • The Manor House in 1999. Part of front
  • The Manor House in 1999. Datestone 1601
  • The Manor House in 1999. Side path
  • The Manor House in 1999. Water pump outside back door
  • The Manor House in 1999. View from the library to the small sitting room
  • The Manor House in 1999. Main room
  • The Manor House in 1999. Main room
  • The Manor House in 1999. Library
  • The Manor House in 1999. Kitchen in cross-passage area
  • The Manor House in 1999. Passage between kitchen and scullery
  • The Manor House in 1999. Passage between library and small sitting room
  • The Manor House in 1999. Small sitting room
  • The Manor House in 1999. Door to boiler room
  • The Manor House in 1999. The front hall was the kitchen when the house was divided between the two Hassall families
  • The Manor House in 1999. The front hall was the kitchen when the house was divided between the two Hassall families
  • The Manor House in 1999. Stone wall and original beam to the fireplace exposed in the main room
  • 2018, The Manor House.
Archive Notes:

The Manor House. Sixteen photos of the Manor House (interior and exterior) July 1999. Photographs taken by David Harverson.

The present building is late 16th century and, after the manorial rights were extinguished, it was let by successive well-to-do owners. In 1851, it had been intended to establish a training school for teachers here, but this project was abandoned. In 1864 the new owner divided it into four cottages and it stayed like this until 1925. But restoration did not take place until Mrs Hassall bought the house in 1939.

Map Address:
Archive Number: