5 High Street, Frampton's Alley
Frampton's Alley, which dates back to the 1600s although not so-called. This runs between Church Road and High Street, past Joseph Frampton's cottage (now 5 High Street) Photo of him with children. The picture of the alley from church Road shows a white-painted and rendered building on the left. This was part of The Walled Cottage in church Road in 1910 but may have been a separate dwelling earlier as, other than at ground floor, the upper part of this building is detached from the house fronting Church Road.