94 High Street, Robert's House
There was a tannery here (part of a very significant hide and tanning business, see record 0486) before William Avery, born 1849 and founder of the sawmill, converted it to a dwelling house. Later acquired by Bullingdon RDC, used to accommodate evacuees during 2nd World War (the URC was used for their schooling). Mr Roberts, after whom it is named, married an Avery daughter. It was a two storey house when built – extra floor added later. Now three separate flats - housing association property.