90 High Street, The Robins previously Chapmans
90 High Street, The Robins, previously known as Chapmans. The deeds show that there was a building here in 1696. In the 18th century, and perhaps later, the building was used in connection with the tannery business, and it seems that much of the current building was the result of changes in the 18th century. Site of many businesses over the years; 1752 Richard Williams fellmonger; 1819 Noah Crook fellmonger and parchment maker; Robert Chapman (d. 1889), plumber glazier and painter; his son John Chapman, simply describes as painter in the Kelly directories, from 1920 to 1939; then his son Hurrell Chapman, carpenter, plumber, builder and undertaker to 1946 when the business was bought by Arthur and Marion Wheeler, and that this continued until 1960.
92 High Street, Gradara, was built in the yard of The Robins in 1965/6 see record 1183.