86 High Street, Mott House

  • Mott House, date not known
  • Mott House, date not known
  • 2019. Mott House
Archive Notes:

This is a one storey 18th century house, having been ‘newly erected’ in 1773, when bought by William Biggs for £75. It was left to his niece Elizabeth Juggins andowned by her family until 1877. In 1882 there was a shoe business here run by Mr. Mott, with the family continuing this until 1958. In 1939, a room was let out to Carlo Pratelli who was a dentisit (known affectionately as 'Mr Yankem') who, later, moved his practice to a room in the Merry Bells. Tenant Wilfred Cox, Wheatley signalman, bought it in 1958.

 

Map Address:
Archive Number: