75-77 High Street
Photo of pair of semis erected by Thomas Munt in 1935/6. Also photo of the current house in 2018.
Jim Munt lived here but this house was burned down in 1900. By 1927, four cottages stood here. Two of these were pulled down and, in 1935/6, Thomas Munt built the current Nos 75 and 77, obtaining brick from Littleworth and timber from Avery’s. Apparently, the return frontages are built of stone from Lyehill quarry.