Arthgur Sims Broughton
Full name Arthur Sims Broughton, born in 1889 in Marston, Oxon., son of Henry William Broughton, farmer born in Stanton St John, and Eliza nee Sims born in Marston; in 1891 they were living at Court Place Farm, Marston. Arthur was living there with the family as a 22 year-old auctioneer's clerk in 1911. He stated on his Attestation papers that he was a clerk and had been in the Oxford Territorial Force for 1.5 days, but was discharged as medically unfit. He reported for duty 10 August 1914 at Aldershot. He was discharged from the Army on 17 September of that year as having been convicted by the Civil Powers for a felony, spending a short time in Gloucester Jail. The Register of Electors for 1921 shows that in 1901 a William Broughton of 5 Broadway, Hammersmith, London, owned a house and land in Crown Road, also that in 1911 William, living at 1 Mortlake Road, Kew, still owned the property. Arthur was living at Valentia Road, Headington prior to his death in 1956. He left his estate to Ida Mary Cave, his sister.