New London Road constructed in 1925/6

  • Cul-de-sac to Sunnyside
  • London Road house to the east of Sunnyside
  • 19 London Road
Archive Notes:

In 1925/6, the London Road was constructed cutting off a piece of land to the north from its main farmland. This piece of land was bought by Mrs Milne who had purchased The Manor and needed to give plots to the four tenants in order to gain vacant possession. The Shorters were given Sunnyside (see 1563). Other plots belonged to the Hardings and the Tombs as part of this process. Photos show the developments which took place on these plots.

Related Items:
Archive Number: