- Extracts from Jackson's Oxford Journal re The George 1766-1808
- History of The George 1570s to 1970
- Oxford Mail 29 February 1980 re restoration of The George by Geoffrey Young
- The Wall Painting at the Old George in High Street, see also photo of this
- Records 1772 to late 19C in the Oxford History Centre
- The Granary
Seventeen pages of information about the George (1570 - 1984) and two pages about The Granary which was originally one of the outbuildings of The George.
Also report on the wall paintings with one photo (many sketches also can be seen in WVA).
This was a packhorse inn in the 16th century, being on the old coaching route and thus attracting passing trade. After coaches were re-routed along the London Road, it closed as an inn. About 1830, it was converted into three tenements and remained so until 1959 when it was converted to two homes. The stable block at the rear of the property has long-since disappeared. See the file on The George History for more detail.