Organ in St Mary's Church 1872 - 2000

  • The Conacher organ
Archive Notes:

The Conacher organ: Prince Albert encouraged the manufacture of church organs in England, and Peter Conacher went to Leipzig as an apprentice before setting up in business at Huddersfield in 1854. This two-manual organ in St. Mary’s had thirteen stops and a full pedal board. It was installed in 1872, and later modified by George Jackson of Oxford. It was dismantled in 2000 and replaced with an electronic organ.

Map Address:
Related Items:
Archive Number: