Holton Park Girls Grammar School 1953, 1956 and 1959
School photo 1953 numbered with list of names.
Photograph taken circa 1953/4 of nineteen girls at Holton Park Girls' Grammar School.
Back row: Juliet Dodwell, Pamela Rowlands, Anne Offer
Fourth row: Joyce Copcutt, Beryl Wiggins, Jean Horwood
Third row: Hazel Moore, Carol Duffin, Patricia Moore, Jane Bath, Janet Proctor, Margaret Jones Second row: Shirley Hasler, Sheelagh Jackson, Rosemary Roberts,
Audrey Badminton, Christine Tombs (later Mrs Jackson), Patsy Boon Front: Joyce Mathews
Holton Park Girls' Grammar School, was founded on the site in 1949. In 1972 Wheatley Park Comprehensive School was opened at two sites with the senior division in Holton and the lower division in Littleworth Road. These two divisions consolidated in 1982 on the present site at Holton Park, with the school retaining the name Wheatley Park School. The main complex of modern school buildings are located in the former parkland of a Regency House built about 1807.
The Primary School, which had been on the Church Road site since 1858 was relocated to Littleworth Road, after it had been vacated in 1982, in 1984.
1956 and 1959 photos are accompanied by a numbered version of the photo and a pdf list of those identified