23-39 High Street
Views of the High Street (1976, 1980 & 1986) including the Old Parsonage and the George Photos from 1920 and 1976).
The George This was a packhorse inn in the 16th century, being on the old coaching route and thus attracting passing trade. After coaches were re-routed along the London Road, it closed as an inn. About 1830, it was converted into three tenements and remained so until 1959 when it was converted to two homes. The stable block at the rear of the property has long-since disappeared.