41-43 High Street, Fernleigh

Archive Notes:

Frederick Fowler (1861-1951) had a grocery and bakery here by 1900. By 1926 the owner was J M Hughes and the business was carried on by R R Gostick until the nineteen-fifties. The business continued until it was extensively altered for its present purpose as a TV shop. There were Malt Houses at the rear and a well to which two houses on Church Road had right of access.

Map Address:
Men at Address:
Archive Number: