39 High Street
John Clayton (1847-1932) kept his bakery here from about 1900, probably from 1886 when he was already described as a baker. In I885, the time of his first marriage, he was a butler living In Holton and his wife was Ann, daughter of John Cooper, baker. Clayton was succeeded by W G Hyde, who kept on the business until it was taken over as a grocer's by Mr Hawes followed by Clarke, a greengrocer and florist. At some stage, the shop was owned by Mr Bradbury, the ironmonger. The current use (2018) is as Wheatley (Co-op) pharmacy.