United Reformed Church

  • United Reform Church c. 1910
  • 2018
  • Congregation in 1988 as shown in the Centenary booklet
  • Congregation in 1977 as shown in the Jubilee booklet
  • 2019
Archive Notes:

Photograph of the Congregational Church circa 1910, 2018 and 2019.

The church fronting High Street was originally one of the tanning barns of the hide business, being owned by William Waine who sold it in 1840 to the Congregationalists who founded the church here in 1843, although Wheatley people had joined this congregation in 1796 (see Record 2314), worshipping elsewhere. The schoolroom overlooking Crown Square, previously a cottage, was built in 1898.

Also photo of the congregation as shown in the 1977 Jubilee and 1988 Centenary booklets

Map Address:
Archive Number: