95-97 High Street

  • The wall to Harris's shop was demolished and Barclay's Bank built
  • Chimney removed in 1977
  • Entrance to the left-hand shop altered in 1967
  • Particulars of sale June 2015
Archive Notes:

This was a house built in the 18th century. By 1876 it had become a shop kept by Joshua Harris, who sold millinery, grocery, ironmongery and medicines. It remained in the Harris family until 1967 when Mr. J C Kelly took it over and called it James’s Supermarket. Nos. 95 and 97 were then separated No. 95 remaining a store. The entrance was altered, the garden wall demolished and Barclay's Bank built. Both properties are now houses.

Sale particulars from 2015 when it was three flats

Map Address:
Archive Number: