94 High Street, Robert's House

  • 1976. Robert's House, believed to have been the original three-storey tannery
  • Robert's House
  • Robert's House
Archive Notes:

There was a tannery here (part of a very significant hide and tanning business, see record 0486) before William Avery, born 1849 and founder of the sawmill, converted it to a dwelling house. Later acquired by Bullingdon RDC, used to accommodate evacuees during 2nd World War. Now three separate flats - housing association property.

Map Address:
Men at Address:
Archive Number: