92 High Street, Gradara
Present house was built in 1965 on part of the garden of No. 90. Robert Chapman (1820-1869) was a plumber, painter and glazier. His business, subsequently run by his son and grandson, was in the High Street at No 90 with the yard adjacent. It was bought in 1946 by Mr. A. Wheeler by which time it had expanded to become an undertakers and builders merchants. It closed in 1956. A Wheatley resident has memories of ‘fine leaded lights’ being made there.