90 High Street, The Robins
90 High Street, The Robins, previously known as Chapmans. The deeds show that there was a building here in 1696. In the 18th century, and perhaps later, the building was used in connection with the tannery business, and it seems that much of the current building was the result of changes in the 18th century. Site of many businesses over the years; 1752 Richard Williams fellmonger; 1819 Noah Crook fellmonger and parchment maker; Chapman's builders, including funeral service, from 1904 to 1946 when it appears to have been mortgaged to Arthur Wheeler. It would appear that the Chapman business ceased in 1960.