Barclays Bank High Street

  • 1972
  • Barclays Bank when two storeys
  • 2000. Whetter Duckworth & Fowler occupied No 95 High Street at the time.
  • Barclays Bank staff in 1988 as seen in the Centenary booklet
  • c. 1980. View across the Merry Bells car park showing that the bank was only single storey at that time
Archive Notes:

This was part of the garden of 95 High Street. In 1972, a single storey building was erected as a Barclays Bank (previously at 48 High Street), with an unusal view of it from the Merry Bells car park. This later became a two storey building for the bank and, in 2017, the Post Office moved here with a gift shop. See also 1179.

In 2000, Whetter Duckworth & Fowler occupied No 95 High Street at the time.

Archive Number: