87 High Street
This was the premises of Charles Sheldon, coal merchant (who owned one of the first traction engines in the village) in early 20C. The shop, developed in 1937, stood on land owned by Charles Sheldon. The shop was owned by Ted Turner who is reported to have sold almost anything – TV, video, electrical appliances, children's toys and games, bicycles, sherry glasses. cards with holes in them to send a £1 coin, and would repair anything! 1st floor added in 1978. Now (2018) Snobby Dogs and Yemaya's Kitchen.