81 High Street, The White Hart
The hunt met at the White Hart in the 1940s. Other picture from the 1980s.
There has been a White Hart in Wheatley since at least 1612. From 1763, the Turnpike Trustees met here, and Post Office business was carried on here until 1788 when it was transferred to the Crown Inn. The building standing today (2018) was the last location of an inn with this name, this being built probably sometime in the first half of the 19th century and closed in 1999. The Inn itself is now (2018) Cinnamons Indian restaurant (in 2000, it was Zaffron) and the clubroom, (recently developed as housing) was the meeting place for the Morris Men.